Some of the questions you need to ask yourself
and for which you need answers about your business
- Is the area right for my business and what are the indications of this?
- What is the main target population for my particular product(s)?
- How do I reach that population?
- Is there sufficient foot traffic to provide incidental buyers?
- If not, how do I attract customers who would otherwise not be available?
- What pre-tests should I do to see if my business will succeed in this area?
- How should I advertise and what forms of advertisement should be used?
- What forms of advertisement have worked for others in my business?
- Are there special groups which might be interested in my product?
- If so, how do I contact them?
- What are 10 things which I can do which will keep customers returning?
- How do I interest other businesses in the area to support my presence?
- How can I get other businesses to actually send customers to me?
- How can I interest other businesses to be interested in my bottom line?
- How can I get groups of people to come to my business?
extra activities can I carry out during different seasons or
special holidays which will attract different population groups?
- How can I become a focal point for certain types of events in people's lives?
- What can be done to attract people who normally would not come to my business?
- How much should I be willing to spend of income in terms of advertising?
- What forms of advertising should I use?
- Is there a way of gauging which form would be successful?
- How do I enhance my presence in the area I'm in?
- Would the internet, and social media, or internet advertising be of any help?
- What forms of support, if any, can I receive from local, community, national levels for my particular type of business?
- what factors in design, layout, operation, personnel will attract customers?
- How do I find out what these factors are?
- What sort of competition is there in the area and what can be my edge?
- Can I create a desire for my product which did not previously exist?
- Are there other types of businesses which could act as a funnel to mine?
- Would providing multi-facets to my business help channel interest, customers?
type of information can I provide and how to provide it which will give potential or returning customers an incentive to buy?